Click on the pages to make them bigger, and zoom in to see all the tiny details and hidden in-jokes. :) i am working on a better format, but for now this one will have to do. Thanks for your patience.

Saturday

Dat Scriptorium Lyf

It just now occurred to me that I have always been a Scribe! Like my parents and grandparents and probably theirs too before them! My father and mother both loved and practiced pretty penmanship their whole lives. My maternal grandmother was Religious about it and bought me my first calligraphy set. Then paid me an outrageous sum (1$ per item) to gorgeously address her mail for her starting around age 12. My maternal grandfather was a judge, his writing not so pretty as ours (nor nearly so fast) and he too paid me to copy affadavits and other items into those giant beautiful law ledgers he had to keep. My maternal grandmother was completely blind, and still prided herself on being able to beautifully write her signature, and even on a mostly straight line. Our paternal grandfather was a Penmanship Nazi (though he always did that odd thing of writing his N's backward! Seems he was dyslexic with N-words in more ways than one. :/ ) and he paid me to paint and draw lettering for his peanut business and occasionally both papaws would farm me out to design friends' small business or team logos too. PROFESSIONAL Scribe, for over 40 years now. Wow. Ink runs in my blood. <3 

No comments:

Post a Comment