Click on the pages to make them bigger, and zoom in to see all the tiny details and hidden in-jokes. :) i am working on a better format, but for now this one will have to do. Thanks for your patience.

Friday


I like to sketch my characters and others' during games (RPGs) to keep both focused and busy during the lulls in my characters' action, and to have cool drawings of my AWESOME characters that create an emotional connection and a visual impact which definitely adds to the role-playing experience, at least for me. I get to know my characters through drawing them. Plus, I play fairly specific types of characters usually, and I enjoy drawing all the variations on those themes. This is Magdalar N'Yaga, a south Islander Barbarian/Pirate Were-Kraken, and Captain of the Dava's Finesse. (Conan role playing game).
You can tell in this raw version of the sketch that it's drawn of the back of a character sheet, and see the coffee spots. Screw MMORPGS. Tabletop, nerds, snacks, pencil, paper, dice - that's where it's AT.




here's a little sketch of were-krakeny Nyaga. she's apelike because of the whole, you know, primate gene, but instead of ape arms, she has two big tentacles with acidic smaller "finger" tentacles at the end,poisonous spines, psionics and - and this is the SCARIEST - cephalopodic camoflauge (and in both human and ick-ape form. :) I've never played a character that I wished I was more like in real life, not even my beloved Orc Barbarian Bard.

No comments:

Post a Comment