Click on the pages to make them bigger, and zoom in to see all the tiny details and hidden in-jokes. :) i am working on a better format, but for now this one will have to do. Thanks for your patience.

Sunday

Even though I am heavy as the weight of the Earth,
I walk like a whisper in the silvery grey night
following ghosts that don't see me,
haunting them,
haunting.

Bright blinding sun comes to melt off the frost,
and I wake from my wandering
in the grass,
in the cold, sharp grass.

When overcast shadows pale the afternoon sky
and rain clouds threaten
like tight, battered fists,
I find myself sleeping and dreaming of you,
I am always dreaming of you.

I will curl up in a circle
like a bird in a nest,
cover me with my own velvet wing
and rock myself,
like the child that I never was,
and I'll sing myself to sleep,
I will sing.

And I will pray that you will hear me,
wherever you are,
and your heart will feel weight
and a twin twist of pain,
and you will be haunted by memories of me,
and of eyes the color of winter rain,
of eyes the color of rain.


No comments:

Post a Comment