Click on the pages to make them bigger, and zoom in to see all the tiny details and hidden in-jokes. :) i am working on a better format, but for now this one will have to do. Thanks for your patience.

Friday

spandex soap sketches

I have been hankering to draw things outside my comfort zone for a while, and seeing all the cool hero movies coming out has made me remember how fun it was to draw that stuff. I decided to try characters I love, not just ones that are pop, to use various styles and media and not just stick to the standards for that genre, and to TRY to draw the characters and their accountrements from memory before checking reference (whee!). I decided to go with my favorite classic SSO character, Logan aka Weapon X, aka Wolvie, and I did this one using dgital fingerpainting in an online paint program with one brush, very quickly with as few strokes as poss and no erasing, a'la sumi-e (totes inspired by Andy Lee.) 




Wolvie, for me and TT. <3 

No comments:

Post a Comment